Friday, May 30, 2008

Sad day for the Pakarazzi


I never thought it would happen, but the San Antonio Spurs lost to the Lakers 100 - 92 today. Game 5 of the series was played at the Lakers' home court. I saw the game's 1st and 2nd quarters at home and the Spurs led as much as 14 points. I left the house during half-time and I was feeling good about the game because they had a big lead when I left. When I got to the office, I was shocked to see that the Lakers were 4 pts ahead of the Spurs with around 10 minutes left in the game. What happened to the Spurs lead?! The clock eventually ran out and so has the Spur's hope of representing the Western Conference in this year's championship.

I hope Brent Barry still plays for the Spurs next year. He proved that he can step up when the game is on the line. Makes you wonder why the Spurs traded him to Seattle in the first place. Good thing he was waived and the Spurs got him back.

I'm sure Tim, Manu, Bruce and Tony will be back. Udoka was also great and I hope they bring him back too, as well as Micheal Finley. They need a good center that can support Duncan in the paint. Though Thomas, Horry and Oberto usually rotates in that position fairly well, they still need an effective big man with a good inside game.

Haay naku, I don't want to dwell on it anymore. I'm sure that the Spurs team next year will be as solid as ever.

1 comment:

[vayie] said...

Better luck next time.