Friday, May 16, 2008

Oooh Yeah!

Its Friday and what better way to spend it than celebrating the Spurs victory over the Hornets 99-80. I saw the first 3 quarters at home and they were leading all through out. Game 7 will be at the Hornets home court so the San Antonio boys better be ready. This will be a test of who wants to win more. The veteran Spurs will surely show their championship experience and the young Hornets will show that they're hungry to reach the top. Game 7 will surely be a classic match.


*******************

I was planning to bring Sophie to Luneta tomorrow because I want to take pictures of her in this historic sight but with today's weather, I don't think that will be possible. The last time I was there was (really there and not just passing by) was years ago and I've wanted to visit it again just because I feel proud of this historic land mark. Watching the Living Asia Channel opened my eyes on how beautiful the Philippines is, and I'd like to visit a lot more places in the country to experience it first hand.

I've been to Davao, Cagayan De Oro, Cebu, Iloilo, Guimaras, Bacolod, Baguio, Zambales, Bicol, Quezon, Batangas, Mindoro, Boracay and Laguna and it feels good to see these different places. I told my wife that when Sophie grows up, I'd like to spend at least 1 summer visiting the different places in our 7,100 islands (high-tide and low-tide). I want my daughter to see how beautiful her country is before she develops colonial mentality like most Filipinos have. Its a shame how a lot of Pinoys think that anything imported is better than locally made products. What they don't know is most of these imported products are made locally, sent abroad and then sold here for an arm and a leg.

Mt. Apo Davao. Beautiful!

Boracay!


Iloilo!

Guimaras Costa Aguada

Guimaras

Puerto Galera on peak season!

Baguio ages ago: Mama, insan Nainah, bro Ian, Me, insan Mel and Tita Chit. When we were younger, we were there almost every year

The beauty of the Philippines, is shining through . . .(PAL jingle . . . if you can remember. click to re-live the commercial). My regret is I never had good pics of the places that I've been too. Maybe now its time to start taking them :-)


***************************

Its a rainy weekend and its time to relax, spend time with the family and maybe read a good book.

Happy weekend everyone!





3 comments:

GARET said...

korek.. ako talagang gusto kong balikan ang palawan. makapunta ng Bohol, Vigan etc.. haaay. nakaka miss ang Pinas... Huhuhu

BAM! said...

Target din namin Bohol and Vigan coz di pa kami nakapunta dun. Batanes is beautiful also kaso nga lang yun yung unang tinatamaan ng bagyo.

Ganda talaga ng 'Pinas :D

GARET said...

naku, si Apee yan ang dream ang makapunta ng Batanes..