Friday, July 25, 2008

turn back time

Sometimes, I miss the times when I didn't have a care in the world. Sometimes I just stop and think of the times when I was younger, like when I was still in high school, doing things that I wanted to do, with no responsibilities to think about except for the daily pressure of school work.

I remember that whenever I arrive from school, I'd buy a Coke 500 and 2 packs of Hansel Biscuits. I'd eat it in front of the store or sometimes I'd meet up with my friends at the basketball court and finish off my merienda there. I also used to play basketball but I was never really into it as I am today (watching lang on tv). Truth to tell, I'd rather read my comic books, practice playing the guitar or play Dungeons and Dragons than play ball. I'm such a nerd! Hehe



Our barkada called ourselves B.O.N.E.S otherwise known as Brotherhood Of Nasty Elite Syndicates.Sounds cheezy I know but hey, what are you going to do, right? We would always meet up late in the afternoon until evening and sometimes even until after dinner. During summers, we would play basketball from 4pm until late in the evening. We even called our teams BONES! Sadly, we never won a championship as a team but we always brought the ladies each game. Sometimes, people in the neighborhood would say: "kayong mga bones, bihira naaman kayo manalo,e!" to which our reply would be "ok lang, samin naman yung mga chicks!" which was true.


And then there was our evening guitar jam. I actually learned how to play guitar by reading song-hits magazines. I always wanted to learn things by myself so even though my dad knew how to play, I didn't ask him to teach me. I didn't even have my own guitar back then. I had to borrow from my friends.

School was always enjoyable. I was never a straight A student but I was never dumb either. I was just coasting and I never really regretted being that way. Like all students, the only reason why I went to school was because I had friends there. Makes me wonder how some loner classmates of mine ever survived school.

I have a lot of wonderful memories. Remembering those days can really put a smile on my face sometimes. I'd like to think that I'm the same person I was before, although much more experienced in the ways of the world.

I'm still me . . . just a lot more cooler hehe!

:-)

No comments: