Monday, June 23, 2008

Sunday Scruby Sunday

What a Sunday! I woke up around 6am yesterday because of the smashing sound of the wind and rain. I rarely watch the news during weekends so I didn't know that there was this big storm coming in. I was shocked to learn that a lot of areas were flooded and there's also this ship from Sulpicio Lines that sank. Out of the 800 people, only 28 (at the time I saw the news) survived. Very tragic. I really don't get why the ship even went ahead to her voyage. Hundreds of lives wasted because of an idiotic decision.

Anyway, when I woke up, the electricity was down. It was cold and damp and all I wanted to do was just lay in bed and hibernate. I got up around 8 and cooked breakfast. I love eating sardines during rainy season and it was a good thing that we had some on stock After breakfast, Sophie and I played for a while until I became sleepy again. So I slept and when I woke up there was electricity already. I still had this SCRUBS season 6 pirated DVD and I thought it was a good time to watch it.

Jan cooked pasta for lunch. Sophie loved it so much that she smothered her food all over her face. I'd get angry but it was so funny, I just laughed. After lunch, I played the SCRUBS dvd and we all watched it. It was hilarious! Jan enjoyed it and was laughing with me. I was even laughing after the jokes were done.

There's this one particular episode where everyone was singing because one of their patients have a brain problem and thinks that everyone around her is singing even though they're all talking normally. It was like watching a musical. Here are some of my favorite clips from the episode:












If you haven't seen the series, you should. I swear, you won't regret it.

We were watching SCRUBS from 3pm to around 8pm. Yup, we were really into it. Then there was another power failure around 9pm. We ate dinner on candlelight. I started feeling a bit bad as I was sneezing my nose off while eating dinner. It must have been the weather. It was still cold and damp and with no electricity. It was such a bummer.

The power went back on after an hour for a few seconds the it went off again. I went to bed early as I was feeling the full effect of the cold that I caught. Jan went to bed a bit later.

Then I woke up at around 2am (because Sophie was hogging the bed to herself . . .again) exactly when the power went back on. Jan was half asleep.

Bam! : "Uy may ilaw na!"

People were shouting "Yeah!!". Then the power went down again a second after.

Jan: "Wala na . . ."

Sakto.

So I tried to go to sleep again. It wasn't that hard. I was sleepy anyway.


**********

I woke up this morning and the power's still down. It went back on at around 9 am. Its funny because the condo where we live in has two electric lines: one from Mandaluyong and one from Manila. Both were down.

I should stock-up on candles and canned goods. Since it's rainy season, this will happen a lot.

2 comments:

[vayie] said...

Nanghihina nga ako kapag nanonood ako ng news about the MV Princess of the Stars. Nakakaawa. Hindi mo alam kung sino sisisihin kasi aksidente naman talaga.

BAM! said...

oo nga. what a waste. i saw this interview sa abs cbn and the host was really trying to pin the blame on sulpicio lines. its obvious that it was an accident. talk about balanced journalism. they should stop pointing fingers at each other and do something to address future events like this one.