Monday, September 29, 2008

common ground videos for parents and kids


I saw Hallmark's version of Jack and the Beanstalk - The Real Story on DVD this weekend and I enjoyed their version of the story. Its a different story from what we all heard when we were kids. I actually like Hallmark's productions and I have some of their DVDs: The Odyssey, Gulliver's Travels, Merlin and Earthsea.

I'm planning to collect more of these productions because I want my kids to enjoy these stories, as much as I enjoyed them when I was growing up. Most of them are on sale anyway hehe!

I've collected a lot of cartoons on VCD and DVD way way before Sophie was even born. I have The Lion King (all 3 of them) Toy Story 1&2, Mulan 1&2, Dinosaur, Hercules, Beauty and the Beast, Alladin (all 3), Emperor's New Groove, Alice in Wonderland, Bambi, Merry Poppins, A Bug's Life and a lot more of the classic Disney Cartoons. I watch them from time to time but most of the VCDs in my collection have not been opened yet. Come to think of it, I should have opened and tested them because now, I can't return them anymore if ever they're damaged.

Anyway, I'm glad that I collected them 'cause now, Sophie and her soon to be kapatid, can watch these cartoons and kiddie films that I also enjoyed. Its something that me and my kids can talk about while drinking . . . melamine free milk hehe.

:-)

No comments: