Saturday, August 30, 2008

buhay buhay

I went to mass last Thursday at the chapel at Tektite (where I work) with my office friends during lunch time. I had a lot of things to pray and thank for and besides, I haven't been going to church on Sundays regularly because of the weather and other stuff, so I thought I should make up for this. For some reason, the priest's homily struck me. He said "beware" of the people around us and the things we do. We should always be ready. The word "beware" never left my mind.

True enough, an incident happened to me yesterday and the word "beware" of a certain person was exactly how I would put it. I was so pissed yesterday (I can't tell you why yet) that I was thinking of slapping that person silly. But after a while, I thought to myself that everything happens for a reason and what that person has done may lead to something good in the long run.
And besides, I know that God will never put me and my family in harms way.


*********************

I've read the book "SunTzu: The Art of War" so many times already. I like reading it from time to time because honestly, you can take a lot of things from the book and use it in everyday life. The book is about strategy. How to plan for something. Essentially how to win your battles. Since I've read the book, I've been aware and very sensitive and observant to how people "work". People may not have noticed it because I'm a very low key kind of person, but I often use this knowledge in getting things done in my work. But of course, I always see to it that everything is done in order and in some sensitive matters, in good taste.

What pisses me of are people who understand the principles of Sun Tzu, and use it to their own personal gain, to the point of stepping on a lot of people's toes. These people think that they can do whatever they want and say whatever they want and they are so arrogant to believe that they can control everything around them, including people. I don't know why people are like that. He even takes other people's credit!

I've had the misfortune of meeting and dealing with a person like that. I know that everything happens for a reason and everyone we know has a purpose in our lives. But I just want to get this off my chest:

"DUDE, QUITS NA TAYO. WALA NA AKONG UTANG SA'YO."

Now I feel a bitter, este, better.


*******************
On a lighter note, I'm glad that I know people who are the exact opposite of the people that I've mentioned above. Smart people who have the consience to do the right and proper things. I'm very happy and I really feel blessed that I've met them. I don't see what's hard about being a good, true person. Do you?

*******************

Don't judge me, but I was extatic yesterday because I finished downloading "The Best Of Chicago" hehe. I am a self confessed rocker but I do appreciate different kinds of music too. I even listen to Gregorian Chants.

One time, my cousine Ivy, who was living with us at the time, went inside my room without knocking, while I was listening to Gregroian Chant. I liked listening to that kind of music with a lot of candles lighted. She was so surprised to see all the candles in my room lighted, the only thing she shouted was "TITAAA . . !!" calling my mom.

She must have thought I was in some sort of trip mode or something heheh!


*******************

No matter what's happening around us, life's so exciting, isn't it?

At least to me.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

:-)

No comments: