Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pakarazzi Express #5

Okay, so I haven't been blogging in a while. Truth of the matter is, I've been busy for the past few weeks. I've been visiting most of my blog friends though. Thanks for all the tags that I got. I'll try to squeeze them in in the next few days.

Anyways, a lot of things happened in the past few weeks: President Aquino passed away, The Marcoses and the Aquinos were recorded on video together for the 1st time in decades (hmm . . . I have to check if hell froze over), this issue about Willie Revillame (again), the Philippine Basketball Team's inconsistent performance (they are consistent at being inconsistent), Sophie's first wedding march as the little bride, Sam's Baptism and, uh . . . many more! Haha!

********************

A blanket of sadness covered our nation last August 1 when the beloved former President Cory Aquino passed away. In fairness to her, despite her shortcomings as President and the numerous coup' attempts that plagued her administration, she was the only President not accused of graft and corruption. She was never power hungry and she was a true ambassador of peace and reconciliation.

Farewell Tita Cory! Its just unfortunate that some politicians used her death for their own political agendas. I'm truly disgusted! Now I know who not to vote for . . .

********************

On the same day Tita Cory passed away, my cousin Nainah got married to her boyfriend Jerry. The ceremony was held at San Augustin Church in Intramuros. Sophie was part of the entourage as the little bride. She did her part perfectly, walking down the aisle without any hitches . . . except she'd rather be a flower girl because she wanted to scatter flowers on the floor. She tried to scatter the flowers on her bouquet but, of course, she couldn't get the flowers off the bundle.

I was teary eyed when I saw her wearing her gown, which was an exact replica of my cousin's. Jan was laughing at me because of that . . . as usual.

********************

I heard in the news or read somewhere that Imelda Marcos was quoted saying that when the Marcoses and the Aquinos reconcile, good things will happen to the Philippines (or something to that effect).

All I can say is . . . really???

********************

I wouldn't even blog about Willy Revillame's current issues . . .

********************

Three words for Team Pilipinas Basketball: PICK AND ROLL!!

I've never seen any member of the team give good screens. They're all selfishly trigger happy. I'm just wondering why the game analysts, despite the inconsistent game of the team, keeps on saying positive things about the team.

I'd rather hear them calling a spade, a spade!

********************

Sam was christened a few weeks ago. It was a simple ceremony. Now we can bring Sam to the mall!! Hehe!

Seriously, welcome to the catholic world Sam!!

********************
Kaltok Moment:

Jan and I saw a girl with long legs wearing short shorts at the mall.

Jan : "Bakit kaya hindi ako binigyan ng Diyos ng ganyang legs para makapag shorts din ako?"

Bam : "Alam mo, may rason ang Diyos sa lahat ng mga bagay. Tignan mo, kung hindi ako tumaba at lumaki ng
ganito, malamang problema mo ko dahil malamamang marami akong chicks!"

Jan : "Sus!"

Bam : " At kung binigyan ka ng Diyos ng ganyang legs, e malamang taon-taon kita nabubuntis!"

Jan : "Sira ulo!"

Haha joke lang!!

**************************

Enjoy the rest of the week everyone!


:-)

4 comments:

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

welcome to the christian world Sam! Tell Jan to wear shorts habang di pa siya lola haha

S. said...

finally, i decided to make another accout here. i couldn't remember my previous password :)) and there's no privacy in my multiply site now..

:)

casper(guess who?!)

S. said...

HAHAHA.how did you know?:))

Unknown said...

For the issue of Marcose and Aquinos..All i can say is really?! I know i know i just repeated what you've sais. but was on my mind also. lol ;D

And for Sam happy christening! ;D Welcome to the world of Catholic. ;D
And what was the next post?! lol


Solo
Travel and Living
Job Hunt Pinoy